- Embracing a sensible and business-focused leadership methodology that promotes employee involvement and empowerment
- Understanding the roles process and personality have in powering your organization’s FSQ performance
- Making collective accountability visible and personal to transform and inspire workforce engagement on Food Safety and Quality
- Creating a communication cadence that drives focus, urgency, and accountability
- Discussing working leadership tools to promote ongoing improvement in communication, productivity, employee satisfaction, and overall business results
- How do you plan to build a leadership legacy of accountability rather than dependency?
VP, Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory Affairs
Maria Wedel currently holds the position of VP, Quality & Regulatory (FSQR) for Cargill Protein North America. Maria joined Cargill in August of 2000 in their Protein Egg Segment and worked in a variety of roles within the business prior to moving to the Turkey & Cooked Meats Segment. Throughout her time with Cargill she had a variety of roles spanning the multiple functions of FSQR, Operations and General Management. In 2014, she left Cargill and worked for a small baking company, Legendary Baking, as the business FSQR Lead and also with SunOpta as Director of FSQR & Global Supply QA, prior to rejoining Cargill in November of 2018 as the FSQR Lead for the Cargill Animal Nutrition & Health Enterprise. In June, she recently took over leading Cargill Protein North America. She holds a B.S. in Cellular Biology.