- Partnering with the business to deliver on Walmart’s mission – creating Good Jobs, Great Careers, and a Better Life for our Associates
- Leveraging data-driven decision making to transform our business for the future.
- Creating an Associate Value Proposition built around opportunity, inclusion, and well-being.
- Digitizing our tools and our work for the next generation of associates.
- The foundational role the People team plays in maintaining Walmart’s culture.
- Listening at scale – how Walmart gathers feedback and responds to 1.6 million associates in the U.S.
SVP of People, End-to-End Operations
Maren joined Walmart in 2017 as a Director of Organizational Effectiveness for Walmart U.S. In this role, she worked on strategic talent management practices and programs for the Field Operations and Merchandising organizations. She later went on to roles in talent management, people partnership, and workforce strategy. Throughout the pandemic, she was a key leader in Walmart’s future ways of working and transformation strategy.
Maren brings strong organizational design, change management, and talent management experience combined with a passion for associate and business focused solutions. Maren serves as a board member for the Northwest Arkansas Community College Foundation and as an adjunct professor in Human Resources at Claremont University. Before joining Walmart, Maren spent much of her career in various leadership development, executive coaching, talent management, organizational effectiveness, and HR roles at Ticketmaster, DIRECTV and AT&T.
Maren was born in Karlsruhe, Germany and has lived across Europe and the U.S., receiving her B.A. in Psychology from the University of Kiel, Germany, and her M.A. from the University of West Florida. In 2013, she received a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Claremont Graduate University. Maren and her husband T.J. live on Beaver Lake in Rogers, Arkansas. They love to travel, cook, and spend summers out on the lake. Maren has been riding horses her whole life and competes in events with her thoroughbred, Cooper.