- How Bayer AG built its Cell & Gene Therapy unit
- New business model joining best of Biotech and best of Pharma
- How to build a sustainable pipeline?
- How to manage complexity and keep focus?
- What are the “must haves”? what are the learnings on common threats of significant transformations?
- New ways of working accelerated by COVID-19 pandemic
EVP, Cell and Gene Therapy
Prof. Wolfram Carius is the EVP, Cell and Gene Therapy at Bayer AG and is a member of the Executive Committee for Bayer Pharmaceuticals. He is based in Berlin, Germany. Prior to joining Bayer, Wolfram was a corporate senior vice president and member of the global leadership team at Sanofi Genzyme for nearly three years. Before that, he worked for Boehringer Ingelheim from 1987 to the end of 2013, eventually becoming responsible for that company’s worldwide chemical, pharmaceutical, and biopharma production network. In his over 30 years in the pharmaceutical industry he has worked in Asia, South America and Europe. In 2009, the Biberach University of Applied Sciences awarded him the title of honorary professor in recognition for his long and exceptional service. He also holds a PhD in pharmaceutical biology and analytical phytochemistry from the University of Saarland, Germany.