- What makes our Workforce Development Learning and Training Program different?
- Refreshing existing quality and safety programs through investment in new tools and technologies
- Cross-pollinating new ideas and innovations throughout the company and our supply chain
- Talking about Food Safety Culture as a constant work-in-progress. How do we continue to innovate?
- Showcasing examples of positive change using Hershey’s Malaysia facility as a case study
Hugo Andres Gutierrez
VP, Quality, Food Safety, and Regulatory Affairs
The Hershey Company
Hugo Andres Gutierrez is Vice President, Quality, Food Safety, and Regulatory Affairs for The Hershey Company. In this position, Gutierrez provides leadership to Hershey’s global food quality, food safety, and regulatory programs in addition to implementation of 6 sigma programs across the company. Recently, he has been given the challenge of building a Supply Chain Learning and Development team for the Company.
Gutierrez has 20 years of experience in leading global, virtual and multi-cultural quality, food safety and regulatory teams.
Prior to joining Hershey, Gutierrez served as Director of International Quality and Regulatory Operations (QRO) for General Mills. In this position, he was responsible for working with regional and international functional leaders to enhance food safety culture, quality systems, and food safety programs. Gutierrez also worked to strengthen the Quality organization by developing leaders that could support the technical area while connecting with the business side of the company around the world.
His career with General Mills also included positions of Director, QRO for the Yoplait Division and Technical Development Director for Latin America and South Africa.
Prior to General Mills, Gutierrez held QA-related positions with Cadbury Schweppes USA, Pfizer in Canada and Chicle Adams (Warner Lambert) in Colombia.
Gutierrez holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Javeriana University and an MBA from Icesi University, both in his native Colombia. He speaks fluent Spanish, French, English and basic Portuguese.
Gutierrez and his family reside in Palmyra, Pa.