- Discussing the various approaches taken to assure a safe, wholesome food supply chain
- Acknowledging the role of food safety culture and how to elevate with the food safety and quality system
- Discussing some of the challenges encountered in verifying supply chain’s FSMA compliance
- Collaborating with suppliers on written Preventive Controls safety plans
- Creating a feedback system based on metrics to monitor supply chain health and performance
Director of Operations Quality
Phil McMillan is the Director of Operations Quality for Land O’ Lakes. Based in Arden Hills, Minnesota, Land O’Lakes does business in more than 60 countries, is the second largest agricultural cooperative in the country, and operates some of the most respected brands in agribusiness and food production: LAND O LAKES® Dairy Foods, Purina Animal Nutrition and WinField United. Phil’s responsibilities include product quality and product safety within the Animal Nutrition, and Winfield United divisions. Joining Land O’ Lakes in 2017, he previously led quality for ACH Food Companies, and held several corporate and plant roles in the areas of quality, food safety, and operations for ConAgra Brands, and Wells’ Dairy Enterprises. Phil’s experience in developing and implementing programs in a variety of industries gives him a broad range of knowledge and experience in the areas of quality and product safety. Phil earned a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology from South Dakota State University, and an MBA from Wayne State College.