- Demonstrating that achieving the big things requires the contributions of many stakeholders
- Global versus Local, or Global and Local? Debating the pros and cons of different approaches to delivering positive change
- How do we drive supply chain sustainability inside our own organizations and also up and down our value chain?
- Discussing holistic margin management in the context of ongoing communicative business relationships
- Asking the question, “What’s next?”
John Church is the Executive Vice President, Chief Supply Chain Officer and Global Business Solutions, at General Mills. As the Chief Supply Chain Officer, John has global accountability for Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing, Engineering, Human Safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability. In 2017, John was also tasked to assume leadership and oversight of General Mills’ Global Business Solutions function, which provides business process solutions and shared services to the Company.
John joined General Mills in 1988 as a product developer for the Cereal business. He led several new-product launches including the development and commercialization of Multi-Grain Cheerios. He subsequently assumed positions of increasing responsibility throughout the supply chain and technical community, including: research and development, engineering, manufacturing, and logistics. In 2001, John lead the successful integration of the manufacturing and logistics networks of Pillsbury and General Mills. He was promoted to Vice President, Engineering in 2003, Vice President, Supply Chain Operations in 2007 and in 2013, General Mills Board of Directors promoted John to Executive Vice President.
John serves on the Board of Directors for Cereal Partners Worldwide, a joint venture with Nestle and is a member of the Board of Directors of Yoplait, S. A. He is also the Executive Sponsor for General Mills’ Hispanic Employee Network.
Church holds a B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin. He currently acts as Chairman of the Board for Allina Health and sits on the Executive Advisory Board for SCM World.
He resides in Orono, MN with his wife Klerissa, and has four children.