- Assessing employee understanding of food safety goals and priorities for the company
- Building a food safety culture across the supply chain
- Understanding the role of management to ensure compliance within teams
- Ongoing training and education to achieve best results
- Aligning organization’s vision, values, people systems for long term adoption
Robin Forgey is the Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance for Costco Wholesale Corporation. Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses world-wide, that offer a selection of branded and private label products in a range of merchandise categories.
Costco Wholesale is a global leader when it comes to food safety and all suppliers must meet their strict compliance requirements. Costco’s food safety audit systems, STEC testing of fresh foods, x-ray product inspection and unique positions on the Global Food Safety Initiative and the global regulatory environment, is well known industry wide.
In her role as Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance for Costco Wholesale, Robin establishes product quality policies and practices and administers test programs to ensure vendor compliance to these policies. Robin manages an in house laboratory that conducts routine testing for specification monitoring purposes as well as oversees the vendor food safety vendor audit compliance team and the internal food safety operations programs. Prior to joining Costco, Robin worked as a research scientist for BioControl Systems developing assays to detect foodborne pathogens and as the Director of Microbiology for an independent testing lab.
Robin holds a BS in Biology and a Masters Degree in Food Science.