- Focusing on the sustainability journey and creating lasting impact
- Overcoming internal roadblocks to set ambitious goals
- Leading a global sustainability team during uncertain times
- Innovating and scaling sustainable solutions for the industry
- Embedding sustainability in everything we do
- Sharing lessons learned on leadership at Meta
Global Head of Sustainability
Edward leads Meta’s Sustainability team, developing and executing Meta’s approach to efficient and responsible business operations. Beyond operating responsibly, the team leads efforts to support global communities and make a positive impact on the world by minimizing Meta’s energy, emissions and water impact, protecting workers and the environment in its supply chain, and partner with others to develop and share solutions for a more sustainable world. Prior to joining the Sustainability team, Edward served for over seven years as Director and Associate General Counsel at Facebook, advising on US and international privacy laws, regulations, and industry practices. Before joining Facebook, Edward was Deputy Chief Privacy Officer at Sprint, where he led the Legal Department’s Office of Privacy. Edward started his legal career at a DC-based communications and tech law firm advising clients on privacy, telecom, and other regulatory matters. Edward also serves on the Board of SMYAL (Supporting and Mentoring Youth Advocates and Leaders), a small non-profit working to empower LGBTQ youth in the Washington, DC metro area.