- FSMA continues to change the way the food industry works. How are things progressing, and where do we still need to go?
- How are regulators working with industry to ensure an orderly and effective rollout of new initiatives and standards?
- Discussing metrics and timelines for how our ongoing projects and programs impact public safety
- Updating information on new policies, priorities, and guidelines
- Reviewing the most frequently asked questions by quality and compliance professionals
Food and Feed Program Director (HAF-W)
Food and Drug Administration
Ms. Joann M. Givens serves as Office of Regulatory Affairs’ Human and Animal Food Program Director; HAF-West. In this leadership position, Joann oversees the human and animal food program work plan, accomplishments, implementation strategies of FSMA, program alignment advancement and collaborates with the Center of Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) and Center of Veterinary Medicine (CVM), ORA components and external stakeholders. Prior to serving in this position, Joann served as the Acting Regional Director of the Central Region for several years, Deputy Regional Director in the Central Region and District Director in Detroit District. Joann is a graduate of Berkeley College, Little Falls, NJ and also majored in biology at Kean University, Union, NJ. She is the recipient of numerous awards and a member of numerous professional organizations.