- Strong wave of innovation and new Biologic therapies resulting in high demands
- Building flexible global capacities at various scales and multiple global locations to ensure reliable supplies and serve patients’ needs worldwide
- Business continuity planning, crisis management, pandemic preparedness & implementation of additional specific protection measures
- Close collaboration, intensive and solution-oriented exchange with customers and partners to ensure global patient supplies
- Managing diverse and complex challenges through digital transformation
- Critical success factor: Operational excellence, capacity & capabilities expansion and our peoples dedication
Corporate SVP Biopharmaceuticals
Uwe Buecheler, Ph. D. joint Boehringer Ingelheim (formerly Dr. Karl Thomae GmbH) in 1991. During his time at Boehringer Ingelheim he held different positions in Biopharmaceuticals in regulatory affairs, Validation, CMC/GMP documentation and biological safety. For several years he was leading the Quality Unit as well as Process Science for Biopharmaceuticals. Starting 2006 he was appointed site head for the Boehringer Ingelheim site in Biberach, Germany, got member of the board of the German subsidiary being responsible for the mammalian cell culture business at the Biberach site Boehringer Ingelheim. Starting October 2010, he was responsible for global Biopharmaceuticals Operations including sites in Germany, Austria and US. Since May 2014 he is SVP Biopharmaceuticals responsible for the entire Biopharma Business Unit at Boehringer Ingelheim including the new site in Shanghai.
Uwe Buecheler has conducted his Ph. D. in Molecular Biology at the University of Heidelberg and the Cancer research Center in Heidelberg. Prior joining Boehringer Ingelheim he worked at Roche (former Boehringer Mannheim site in Penzberg). He has been awarded Professor h.c. at the University of Ulm and is member of Advisory boards of University´s and the Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GBM). He is Chairman of the Biopharma Cluster South Germany and is Member of several (Bio-) Pharmaceutical Industry Associations e.g. the international leadership forum of ISPE.