- The Control Tower: Providing visibility with actionable insights into the health of your manufacturing
- Yield Improvement: Process understanding and advanced modeling for significant ROI
- Digital twin: simulation and improved productivity by employing Smart Scheduling
- Successful industry 4.0 pharma use cases
- How to effectively build programs to deploy and maintain technology to continuously improve and capture value
Rick is a senior technical leader within Applied Materials’ pharmaceutical business unit. He has more than 15 years of experience in building software that solves big data, machine learning, scheduling, forecasting and advanced analytics problems in pharma. Software built by Dr Johnston is used by more than 90% of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. He has a Ph.D. in operations research and bioinformatics from UC Berkeley.
Director, Biomanufacturing Automation
Applied Materials provides pharma manufacturers an opportunity to leverage decades of experience in increasing productivity. SmartFactory Rx™ is a suite of advanced manufacturing software which enables pharma companies to achieve unprecedented levels of productivity, quality and compliance from their plants and supply chain refined through 30 years of leadership based on Industry 4.0 principles. The suite is a data & application integration platform which provides: advanced process analytics & control, real-time production planning & scheduling, predictive maintenance, and knowledge advisor for creating a continuous learning environment for knowledge capture and reuse. Solutions are rapidly implemented by non-programmers using this intelligent & flexible platform to enable data-driven decisions from the shop floor to top floor.