Healthcare Costs are second to only compensation for most businesses and critical to recruiting and retaining our talent. In this session we will share:
- What the top cost drivers will be in healthcare in 2024 and beyond, and how to prepare and build a sustainable strategy to manage them.
- Our financial modeling tools will show you how to determine the RIGHT plan design changes that will deliver the greatest ROI.
- Cancer is the number one cost driver for employers in the US and we have solutions that will increase quality and drive down waste and costs.
Our presentation sessions are 100% educational and have been rated highly by conference attendees across the country.
SVP, Health & Welfare
Trion, a Marsh & McLennan Agency
For more than 25 years, Marybeth Gray has worked on behalf of employers across the country to reduce the cost of healthcare and improve quality. Marybeth was recognized as a 2023 Top Women Leaders in Pennsylvania, and she was also awarded as Employee Benefit News’ 2017 Most Influential Women in Benefit Advising: 30 leaders whose unique client management strategies, innovative data manipulation and other industry-leading skills are transforming the field. She has also been featured on the 2019 Marquis Whos’ Who Lifetime Achievement. Marquis Who’s Who identifies and endeavors to profile the leaders of American Society; those men and women who are influencing their nation’s development and influencing the people of today in their industry.
In her professional career, she has succeeded in reducing insurance costs and employer liability due to her deep understanding of the insurance marketplace. Marybeth currently serves as a Senior Vice President of Health and Welfare Benefits with Trion, a Marsh McLennan Agency, supervising the overall account management for her clients. Skilled at analyzing companies’ health care utilization data and cost trends in the benefit programs with a focus on pharmacy for large, self-insured clients. Marybeth is a key thought leader for Marsh McLennan Agency — presenting at more than ten national conferences each year.
One of the essential elements she brings to her clients is a special understanding of future key cost drivers. She helps employers understand the emerging cost implications of pharmacogenomics, new to market specialty medications, and gene therapies. Her goal is to improve member health in the population while lowering the cost of healthcare for both the members and the employer.
Prior to Marsh McLennan Agency, Marybeth was a Vice President with AON Consulting and a National Account Manager with Aetna, Inc. Marybeth was responsible for overall account management regarding financial and operational perspective for clients with more than 10,000 employees operating in multiple locations. She detailed plan design opportunities for clients as well as monitored the ongoing financial implications to plans. In her time at Aetna, she served on the Aetna Presidents Roundtable Committee, fostering communications between clients and the president’s office regarding suggested changes that would improve Aetna’s operational procedures.
• Bachelor of Science, Health Policy and Administration;
• Pennsylvania State University
• Licensed in Accident, Health, Life, and Fixed Annuities in 42 states
• Member of the National Business Group on Health in Washington, DC
• Board Member of UPMC Hamot Medical Center
• Pennsylvania State University Alumni Speaker at The College of Health and Human Development, Health Policy and Administration
• National Speaker for Marsh McLennan featured at over 10 conferences throughout the country every year
• Founding member of “GROW a Women in Business” initiative at Trion, a Marsh McLennan Agency, LLC
• Member of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee at Trion, a Marsh McLennan Agency, LLC
• Member of CHIEF – A Private National Executive Women’s Group