- The Pharma/BioPharma ecosystem is rapidly evolving with new technology and innovative business models
- People and how we organize and empower them is at the core of competitive advantage
- We must consider geography, education and culture in training and retaining our most important asset
- With an increase in new modalities such as cell therapy, there is a new generation of Tech Ops professionals to train and nurture
- We need to examine how automation and AI might change workforce activities, productivity and workflow
- The Message: The Tech Ops organization of the future is being built today, your success depends on how we train and organize our people
Carlo de Notaristefani
Former Lead, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Advisor
Operation Warp Speed
An international operations executive with global technical, operational, and P&L experience, Carlo has deep expertise in designing and operating global supply chains in complex regulatory environments, leading accretive M&A activity and devising and executing value-creating strategies in global markets.
Since May 2020, Carlo has been the lead advisor for Manufacturing and Supply Chain to Operation Warp Speed/Federal Covid Response, the US government initiative to support the acceleration of development and supply of Covid-19 vaccines and therapeutics. He has collaborated with the sponsors, suppliers and CDMOs to ensure the fast scale-up of manufacturing and distribution for the entire US.
In Carlo’s most recent corporate position, he was Executive Vice President of Operations at Teva Pharmaceuticals Inc. In this role he was responsible for all Manufacturing, Technology and Capital Investments, Supply Chain, Quality and Compliance and Procurement operations, as well as the global API and CMO business. Carlo retired from this position in October 2019
Before joining Teva Pharmaceuticals in 2012, Carlo was the President, Technical Operations and Global Support Functions for Bristol Myers Squibb from 2004 to 2011. At BMS he significantly contributed to their successful transformation to a focused biopharma company.
Carlo received his Doctorate in Chemical Engineering and graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Naples in Naples, Italy.