Recent shifts in cross-border market dynamics, regulations, and customs practices create massive opportunities and cost savings. In this workshop, we’ll cover:
- Shift to e-commerce for big box retailers, “parcelization,” and implications on cross-border logistics
- The “New NAFTA” (USMCA): Canada raises its de minimis for the first time in decades from CAD $20 to $150 and what this means for your international shipments
- Duty drawback opportunities: if you’re manufacturing overseas, warehousing in the US, and shipping to customers in Canada, how much money are you leaving on the table?
- The end of a long era of postal leniency: how this affects shipments, customer service, and cart abandonment in European markets
- DDU v. DDP update in 2020
- Outlook on the evolution of cross-border logistics ecosystem
Andre is the Director of Sales for Passport, a modern international shipping carrier for direct to consumer brands, where he leads new business development for brands and the 3PLs that support them. He has a passion for direct to consumer brands and has a background primarily in fulfillment, where he worked in a similar capacity for the commerce and fulfillment division of Ingram Micro through acquisition of the Shipwire Platform. He also spent time working with Stitch Labs, an operations management platform for D2C brands which was recently acquired by Square.
Passport (www.passportshipping.com) is a modern international shipping carrier built for modern e-commerce brands. We offer best in class parcel logistics, duty and tax calculator, and high-touch end customer support.
Every package shipped enjoys full end-to-end coverage, all included in the cost of shipping:
- Turnkey DDP solution: We integrate with your cart to charge and collect duties and taxes at checkout
- High-touch customer support: We handle all your international shipping related questions and tickets
- Better tracking: Accurate delivery dates, precise pickup locations, direct integration with last mile carriers; all from a branded tracking page
- Flexible international logistics: We’ll work with you to develop a solution, whether it’s to open new markets or modify existing routes