- Debating the merits of nimble and flexible facilities versus manufacturing battleships
- Preparing your pilot plants and manufacturing facilities to move forward with Phase II-III approvals
- Forecasting requirements for optimizing manufacturing equipment, facilities and partners to increase speed to market
- Achieving business goals to better manage times of product and economic uncertainty
- Putting theory into practice: Implementing key metrics to improve manufacturing flexibility
Corporate SVP, Biopharmaceuticals
Uwe Buecheler, joint Boehringer Ingelheim (formerly Dr. Karl Thomae GmbH) in 1991. During his time at Boehringer Ingelheim he held different positions in Biopharmaceuticals in Regulatory Affairs, Biological Safety and Quality. 2006 he was appointed site head for the Boehringer Ingelheim site in Biberach, Germany and thereafter 2010 got responsible for global Biopharmaceuticals Operations including sites in Germany, Austria, USA and China. In July 2016 he took over the responsibility for the new Biopharma Business Unit responsible for the growing BioXcellenceTM contract manufacturing business as well as supplies of Biopharmaceuticals to Boehinger Ingelheim Human Pharma.
Uwe Buecheler, has conducted his Ph.D. in Molecular Biology at the University of Heidelberg and the Cancer research Center in Heidelberg. Prior joining Boehringer Ingelheim he worked at Roche (former Boehringer Mannheim site in Penzberg). He has been awarded Professor h.c. at the University of Ulm and is member of various Advisory boards and (Bio-) Pharmaceutical Industry Associations.