- Discussing options for biomanufacturing capacity management:
- Effective strategies for capacity utilization
- Spreading capacity among and across different business partners
- When is the right time to hedge with CMOs?
- Understanding the attraction, retention, and development trends for talent assets
- Illustrating these trends with metrics and examples from AstraZeneca’s own experience
Darren Dasburg currently serves as VP & Head, Learning and Development Global Operation at AstraZeneca. Bringing over 30 years of professional experience in a variety of settings, he was appointed Vice President-Site Head for the Boulder Manufacturing Center in September 2015 when AstraZeneca/MedImmune acquired the former Amgen biologics production facility. Previously, Darren held the position of Vice President of Capacity Utilization with MedImmune where he led capacity sharing arrangement to support bio-manufacturing efforts. Prior to that, he was a Founding Partner of Cinteger LLC where he provided executive management consulting in the areas of construction, facilities operations, project engineering, service-provider outsourcing, real estate and business management. Darren also served as Vice President of Corporate Engineering with GlaxoSmithKline. He is a licensed Professional Engineer and certified Outsourcing Professional, being the first person to obtain that certification.